Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Life...

Although I check my family and friends blogs practically everyday, I hardly ever update my own. I'm going to get better with that right now.

The summer was hot and crazy. With Scheddi and I still in school and the kids wanting to do things it was a little difficult, but we managed to still spend lots of time with them swimming and going to Sea World and the zoo.

We moved again!! We are now in Bryan/College Station. It's two hours east of Cedar Park. We love it. Life has gotten so much better for us. Scheddi and I are doing great and the kids are much happier.

Analia started first grade and is actually loving school. I was suprised when she said she had a great day the first day she came home. Her track record of saying she had a good day at school is pretty sad. So to hear that come out of her mouth, I was happy. The neighbor girl is her age and is constantly ringing our doorbell to play. I'm glad she has a friend, but it has gotten old fast. For now I'll count my blessings I guess that she's well behaved at least and hasn't taught my daughter anything inappropriate. I do find it strange that her parents just let her come over and play in our house whenever. I don't think they even know our names. I know I don't know theirs. Needless to say Analia isn't allowed over there for the time being.

Kai is in pre-k again because Texas' deadline to be 5 is September 1st and his bday is September 2nd. He likes being in any school though so he's happy. I just hate that it's only 3 hours.
Speaking of his bday he did turn 5 last week and was very excited. We had a small party for him here at home and then a family party this past Sunday. He was a little confused about the second party though. Because there would be another one he thought he was turning 6 now. It took a bit to convince him that it was still a party for his 5 year old birthday.

Both kids ride the bus and I love it! It's so nice to just walk to the corner and pick them up instead of driving all over creation to get them. Their schools are in opposite directions so having to drive both of them was a pain. Malachi's bus driver is such a sweet lady, however, Analia's driver is a grouchy old man. Luckily Analia knows to behave and she won't get yelled at.

Since the older two have started school Duncan has been a beast!!! He is learning to express his opinion by saying NO! to everything I ask him to do. He has spent plenty of time in the corner (which he hates), but sadly he still continues to be a monster. On the other hand, he still can be as sweet as ever when he wants to. He is finally talking! Praise the Lord I never thought it would come. I was quite suprised though to know how smart he is. Since he couldn't talk I didn't know that he was actually learning things. He sings his ABC's, can count to 10, knows most of his shapes, and his colors. I was quite impressed. He's starting to interact with Evie more and is a very good big brother to her.

Lastly is Evie. She walks all over the place now. She finally has 2 teeth on the bottom. She waves hi and bye and has started pointing. Yesterday she figured out her finger fits in her nose, awesome. I finally can clip a bow in her hair and yes her hair is still red. It still trips me out every time I look at her. We celebrated her bday with Kai on Sunday, but she will officially be 1 on Sept 22nd. I can't believe it went by so fast. I tried to take advantage of her being a baby every moment I could, but she just grew out of it so fast! She's definitly going to be my girly girl. She loves to carry babies and my purse around. She got a stroller for her bday from grandma and grandpa and she loves it! She also loves, loves, loves to dance. If music comes on at all it takes over and she can't resist dancing to it. It's so adorable.

Scheddi and I just had our 7th anniversary on Sept 7th. We decided to celebrate it with the kids and we took them to the Waco zoo. It was fun. It is actually quite a nice zoo. I am so happy that we have been so blessed this past year. For a while there things were rocky, but we made it to number 7 and things have been looking great. I think we have finally gotten the hang of things. While I'm sure there will still be storms here and there I am pleased to say that we have rebuilt our home on solid ground this time. Our family will be an eternal one and I am so grateful for family and friends who have supported us along the way and to our Heavenly Father who was always there for us.

Well I'm sorry there are no pics up just my blah blah. I will put some up soon. I have a lot. But right now I have to be responsible and clean and then take care of home work. Such is life.

No comments: