This pic is old, but it's the best I can do and one of my favorites of us.
Today was a big day for us. It is official the the Chavez Six will remain the Chavez Six. I had my tubes tied today and I think it has finally hit me. I'm happy and sad all at the same time. Analia has been so insistent that she still has a little sister waiting to be part of our family, and sometimes we felt that way too. However, the time has come that we've decided our family is complete until we marry off our kids and have grandbabies of our own.
I'm sad that we wont have baby things laying around our house for much longer. Evie didn't stay a baby as long as I would have liked. She's walking and practically talking these days and will be two in September which is hardly considered a baby. She may soon be the earliest of my kids to potty train as well since she really seems to want to do what the other kids do we may be rid of diapers soon too.
They're all growing up fast. Duncan will be starting school in the fall we hope and has finally started talking. He plays video games almost as well as kai and is a very stubborn little boy. He also can be the sweetest boy in the world and is still, to my joy and utter happiness, a mama's boy.
Malachi will be 6 in September and starting kindergarten. He is a great helper and as long as you have his attention is more than happy to do anything you ask. He hardly ever complains and really tries to make us happy in everyway. He's quick as a whip and is taking the intiative to start learning how to read. We're very proud of him.
Analia is quite the little girl. Maybe little isn't the right word. She's getting pretty tall these days and is obviously her mothers daughter, 7 going on 17. She's very sensitive and is a good little helper when she wants to be. I cannot believe my baby will be 8 in January. Just thinking about her getting baptised soon makes me want to cry. Before I know it she'll be graduating high school. I swear it seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital a little 5 lb baby and now she's almost as tall as my shoulders.
Well although I'm sad they're all growing up too fast I must confess that I'm happy that we can do more things together as a family and not have to worry that they're too little.
Our family is complete and we're so grateful for each one of our kids and the joy they bring us when we don't want to wring their necks...just kidding.
Just as an fyi the surgery was quick and I should be feeling back to my normal self in a couple days. Thanks to my hubby for taking care of me and to my parents for taking care of our brats. :)

5 comments:
Your kids are getting so big! You need to post more pictures!!!
That must've been a hard decision to make Erin! I hope you recover quickly. =) You do have a beautiful family, and they all sound so... wonderful! It sure tugs on our "momma heartstrings" to see them grow so quickly, huh? But it sounds like you are doing a MARVELOUS job! ((HUGS!))
We love you guys! At least on the Dahl side of things your family is the perfect size;) Your dad and siblings all had exactly 4 kids. I guess you would be your own family if history were to repeat itself and I guess Steve and I will have to have 4 girls (he would die!I don't know what you and Jordan did to him but he is deathly afraid of teenage girls;) ). Jordan and Devan can decide amongst themselves who will have the 4 boys and who will have the boy girl boy girl;) Anyways, Give those cute little guys a hug for us and you and Scheddi! You are truly blessed and we are too to have you in our family!
Ooops! Steve pointed out to me that I was thinking incorrectly so here is the revised plan for the Dahl siblings. You started out the awesome new trends with girl boy boy girl. We will have girl boy boy boy (in Steve's dreams at least) and Jordan and Devan could have either boy girl girl girl or boy girl girl boy. Perfect;) Love you much!
Erin!
Thanks for commenting on my blog- now that I've found yours hopefully we can stay in touch better.
Where's your blog updates?!
;p
much love,
Ryanne
Post a Comment